Marshall has a long history of successful aircraft Test and Evaluation (T&E) within the civil and military sectors.
We are focussed on delivering a wide range of flight test activities, along with rig and simulator support. We undertake civil tasks with non-military customers, including business jet and airliner operators. We have extensive experience in modern flight testing, including military and civil certification, aircraft handling qualities, performance, structures, avionics, systems and power-plant development.
Our flight test capability is versatile and able to conduct post-maintenance, development and certification flight test, as well as experimental programmes from our own airport.
Our Flight Test team comprises the following disciplines:
- Experimental and Developmental Test Pilots
- Flight Test Engineers
- Flight Engineers
- Flight Test Instrumentation Engineers
- Flight Test Support Engineers
- Design and Production Specialists
- Air Load Masters
In support of the Flight Test team, we have in-house capability to provide specialist analysis, such as flutter or detailed mathematical model matching.
We have successfully run and participated in a variety of major flight test programmes including:
- RNLAF C-130H Hercules cockpit upgrade programme
- AAF C-130K Hercules cockpit upgrade programme
- Airbus A400M TP400 power-plant flying test bed
- Airbus and Boeing auxiliary tanks
- Special missions aircraft experimental, development and certification flight test
- Belgian C-130H Hercules night vision compatibility upgrade
- RAF C-130K Hercules enhanced vision system
- RAF Tristar EGPWS
- RAF Tristar fuel tank inerting gas storage module
- RAF C-130J Hercules defensive aid suite
- RAF Tristar Minimum Military Requirements glass cockpit upgrade
- C-130 Hercules, Tristar and Sentry E-3D operational loads measurement systems
- Australian RAAF C-130H Hercules engine instrument display system
- Vulcan XH-588 ‘return to flight’ programme