Border security is one the central pillars of a nation’s defence. It often gives rise to a requirement for a highly-mobile and rapidly-deployable surveillance capability that can provide an extensive radar and optical view, so that local and wider area commanders have detailed situational awareness upon which they can base critical decisions.
Marshall works in close partnership with both radar and optical surveillance companies to provide systems which match our customers’ requirements and can operate in range of environments, be it in the harsh cold of the Arctic or in the heart of the hottest deserts.
In collaboration with our partners, the systems we offer include:
- Radar and optical control centres
- C4ISR command centres
- Staff working environments
These remote working environments are supported by field infrastructure, such as accommodation, maintenance and power facilities.
Marshall’s solutions are based on international standard container dimensions, and can be transported on civil and military platforms by road, rail, sea or air.
Equipment installed in our border security systems typically includes:
- Surveillance equipment (radar and optical)
- Specialist antennas and masts
- Power distribution and management systems
- Ruggedised COTs equipment
- Communication systems through VHF and HF Radios
- C2 (Command and Control) systems
- Electrical / electronic equipment
- Internal workspaces with national defence standard-compliant ergonomic working layout, as well as environmental control systems to provide a comfortable working environment, even in extremes of temperature
- Internal lighting to meet a range of requirements, from blackout conditions to avoidance of glare on display screens
As well as installing and integrating mission equipment, we have the capability and experience to:
- Undertake mobility and climatic trials to ensure that the systems meet the relevant Def Standards and Mil Standards
- Generate and manage safety cases
- Manage and carry out testing including proof load testing, EMC and TEMPEST
We pride ourselves on the quality of our workmanship and attention to customer satisfaction. We harness our proven project management skills to ensure delivery on time, to cost and to specification.
Our solutions are designed with user safety, user comfort and protection of equipment as the highest priority.
All Marshall products and systems can besupplied with comprehensive support packages, including training needs analysis and contractor support when deployed on operations, if required.