Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group has considerable experience in test and evaluation for the civil and military sectors across a range of aircraft.
Our in-house facilities at Cambridge allow us to offer a wide range of services, all backed by the expertise of our dedicated flight test team.
Range of services
We employ the latest technologies to offer a full range of modern flight testing services including aircraft handling, performance, structural integrity, avionics, systems and power-plant development.
We also have a dedicated test hangar for component fatigue, vibration, environmental and structural testing, and our own airfield has a 1,965 metre runway with ILS.
Our services include:
- Flight test instrumentation design and installation
- EASA, FAA and CAA approved maintenance and modification
- Air to air refuelling testing for carriers
- Ground based avionics and systems testing
- EASA certified flying and compliance verification
Flight test expertise
Our flight test programmes are carried out by a specialist flight test team who have experience in a number of key disciplines such as flight engineering, instrumentation, design and production. We employ experimental and production test pilots with extensive civil and military flying experience.
We can also provide specialist analysis services such as flutter and detailed mathematical model matching.
We have developed an enviable reputation among our civil and military customers, undertaking flight testing programmes for customers in the UK, Europe and Africa. We also undertake civil work for business jet and airline operators.
Some of our recent projects include:
- Airbus A400M power-plant flying tests
- RNLAF C-130 Hercules cockpit upgrade programme
- Tristar fuel tank inerting
- RAF Tristar glass cockpit upgrade
- RAAF C-130 Hercules engine instrument display system
- Global Express interiors certification
For a general or specific discussion about flight and aircraft testing, call us 01223 373225 or email