Electronic Warfare Systems
Modern electronic warfare (EW) provides commanders with highly-valuable intelligence and the ability to interrupt enemy communications activity, whether data or voice traffic, and countermeasures to spoof a device into thinking it is something else.
Marshall has wide experience of working with communications companies to provide complex, deployable EW shelters in which operators are able to work in comparative comfort and the equipment is able to function at its optimum regardless of the external environmental conditions.
Marshall’s deployable systems are designed to operate in a wide range of environments, from the Arctic tundra to the deserts of Africa, providing shelter to the operators and the equipment. Shelter-based solutions are rapidly deployable by road, rail, sea or air using both civil and military platforms.
By their very nature, EW solutions are best operated where the enemy is not aware of their presence and therefore we do not list examples on these pages.
Equipment typically installed in an EW shelter includes:
- Electrical / electronic equipment
- Surveillance equipment
- Specialist antennas and masts
- Threat simulators
- Full RFI screening of structure, power and signal ports
- Shelter power distribution and management
- Ruggedised COTs equipment
- Communication systems through VHF and HF Radios
- Command and Control (C2) systems
- Internal workspaces with national defence standard-compliant ergonomic working layout and environmental control systems to provide a comfortable working environment, even in extreme temperature ranges
- Internal lighting to meet a variety of requirements, from blackout conditions to avoidance of glare on display screens
As well as installing and integrating equipment, we can also:
- Undertake mobility and climatic trials to ensure that the systems meet the relevant defence and military standards
- Generate and manage system safety cases
- Manage and carry out testing including proof load testing, EMC and TEMPEST
Our in-house design engineers produce solutions that prioritise user safety and comfort as well as protection of the valuable equipment, while our proven, dedicated project management teams ensure delivery to time, to cost and to specification.
All Marshall systems can be supplied with comprehensive support packages including training needs analysis and contractor support when deployed on operations, if required.