With the increasing prevalence of chemical weapons worldwide and the ever-present risk of natural disasters, industrial incidents and acts of terror, the threat from CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear) hazards is only too real.
Fast, reliable detection of CBRN materials and other toxic substances – even in difficult conditions and harsh environments – is a life-or-death capability requirement. If military, government and civilian organisations are to mitigate the risk posed by CBRN materials, real-time hazard awareness and analysis is imperative: before, during and after an incident. This includes CBRN hazard detection, protection from the associated dangers, Collective Protection (COLPRO), CBRN decontamination and post-incident contaminant removal.
Marshall works with some of the world’s leading suppliers of CBRN equipment to provide a fully-integrated mobile solution which can be fitted into our deployable expandable shelters or onto vehicles. We have utilised our expertise in systems integration to provide CBRN shelter and vehicle solutions for the following applications:
- Command and control (C2)
- Staff working environment
- CBRN Reconnaissance and Detection
Highly mobile, quickly deployable, autonomous and well protected, our CBRN shelter and vehicle solutions are designed to detect, analyse and manage Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear threats. The vehicles allow for monitoring large areas, collection of ground samples and marking contaminated zones. Equipped with all relevant alert systems, detectors and analysing devices, they enable the crew to reliably discover and identify CBRN hazards.
The internal layout of the CBRN vehicles and shelters is designed to provide an ergonomical work layout for the crew of autonomous CBRN reconnaissance, detection and decontamination missions.
The equipment typically includes:
- Unique ground sampling and collection system
- Nuclear air monitor and detection instruments for radiation measurement
- Biological detection and alerting
- Bioaerosol sampling collector
- Chemical agent detector for CWA and TIC, with alerting system
- Mobile mass spectrometer with wheel sampling unit for ground contamination sampling on the move
- Meteorological weather station
- Integration of CBRN sensors
Marshall also has the experience and capability to integrate other systems into the vehicle or shelter to complement the CBRN system, such as:
- Power system to supervise and control various DC and 230VAC equipment
- Communication systems with VHF and HF Radios
- Command and control (C2) systems
- Internal workspaces
Our skill in the integration of complex systems into small spaces, such as expandable shelters and vehicles, together with our experience in managing complex programmes and our expertise in training and operational support packages, enables us to provide a fully-reliable and durable CBRN solution.