Composite structures and components have a number of advantages over more traditional metallic equivalents. These include:
- 20-40% weight reduction
- Complex shapes allowing reduction in joints/parts count
- Increased rigidity and stiffness
- Temperature, fire and smoke resistance
- Non-corrosive properties and increased durability
- Excellent strength to weight properties
We have over 40 years’ experience of design, manufacture, test and certification of composite components and structures for a variety of applications in the air, at sea and on land, to help our customers’ make the most of the advantages that composite materials can bring to their programme.
The breadth of capability between our sites in Cambridge and Kirkbymoorside allows us to combine the different product life cycle stages into a single programme, completely managed by our expert team. This, coupled with our flexible approach and extensive IPR, makes us a market leader in the composite arena.
Please use the navigation on the left to read more about our composite capability for specific applications.