Modern satellite communications (SATCOM) are incredibly versatile. As well as offering advantages in safety and worldwide communication, SATCOM also provides benefits to aircraft operators in allowing broadband connectivity and the streaming of entertainment to enhance the passenger air travel experience.
The latest IFE systems provide in-seat entertainment and web connectivity without the burden of seat back displays and associated power and signal wiring. System weight is kept to a minimum. as well as improvements in safety and security due to reduced passenger movement throughout the cabin. Passenger satisfaction is expected to rise following the maximisation of on-board connectivity.
Marshall is experienced in producing designs to install unique or off the shelf communication products for civil and also military clients. We are ready to provide design services, experienced personnel and facilities for the installation of various SATCOM and in-flight entertainment (IFE) systems, agile in our response to the unique requirements of interface and installation design.
Marshall is an EASA Part 21J organisation with in-house manufacturing capability, able to design, install and test the chosen communication and in-flight entertainment system through to STC award.
In the past we have:
- Installed Panasonic 2000E IFE system to both A330 and B757 types
- Completed the design and installation work to integrate BlueSky SATCOM onto a private regional jet
- Installed a Cabin Management System (CMS) on a VIP regional jet
- Installed a Rockwell Collins CMS on a BBJ2 and 318 ACJ
- Completed the design and installation work to integrate Swift broadband onto a VIP regional jet
We also recently completed the design for installation of an IFE system for aircraft of the A320 family, and Marshall will be responsible for the installation work and the attainment of the STC.