Commercial and Airliner Interiors
The commercial aircraft cabin represents a crucial opportunity for an airline to define its brand and to engage with its customers. However, the life of an airframe is much greater than the life of the cabin interior. Advances in technology, entertainment systems and new trends demand that airlines upgrade their cabin interiors at regular intervals to retain customer loyalty.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is expert in the project management and embodiment of aircraft interior modifications that epitomise exactly what the airline wants to convey. Because customer expectations vary significantly across the market, we employ a tailored approach to ensure that the right cabin environment is created for the airline’s target customers. We have managed programmes ranging from stylish yet low-cost economy cabins that maximise efficiency to luxurious premium cabins that provide a truly first-class experience.
Every project we undertake focuses on:
- Satisfying customer requirements – No two airlines are alike and, while flight safety is always top priority, we work closely with our customers to ensure that all parties are working toward a relevant and required solution (as opposed to a boilerplate fix)
- Minimising downtime – Aircraft are expensive assets, so they have to be utilised to make an appropriate return. Accordingly, we identify and manage risks from the outset to eliminate or minimise any return-to-service delays
- Workable leadtimes – The airline industry is dynamic and airlines have to be able to react to fluctuations in the market or face inefficiencies. At Marshall, we challenge the long leadtimes that the industry has come to accept as the norm
We maintain the full range of EASA approvals including Part 21J (Design Organisation Approval), Part 21G (Production Organisation Approval), and Part 145 (Maintenance Organisation Approval). As our approval scope is not limited, we can develop, engineer and deliver to the exacting needs of any customer requirement.
Our capabilities are considerable and can be applied to almost any cabin requirement, no matter how small or large. Recent examples of cabin modifications include:
- Layout of Passenger Accommodations (LOPA)/cabin interior reconfigurations
- Passenger seat modifications
- In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) systems
- In-Seat Power Supply Systems (ISPSS)
- Wireless connectivity (onboard)
- Cabin interior refurbishment/re-trim and enhancement/re-branding
- Mood lighting
- Galley and monument modifications
- Role changes
We can also maximise the productivity of the aircraft’s downtime by complementing the cabin upgrade with any of the following modifications:
- Avionic upgrades
- Exterior liveries
- Interior and exterior placarding, including dual language requirements
We also provide in-house engineering services to support modification programmes, including:
- Full technical publications suites
- CAMO (Continued Airworthiness Management Organisation)
- Supportability and reliability engineering
- Flight Dynamics and Flight Test
We have established an impressive track record of delivering on our promises, upgrading fleets of varying sizes, and have a proven capability to perform cabin interior modifications on in-service aircraft to quality, to time and to budget.