Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How does the recruitment process work at Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group?
- What do I need to bring to interview?
- What happens when an offer is made?
- What are the rewards and benefits?
- What is Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group’s Employment Policy?
How does the recruitment process work at Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group?
Before you apply, think about how your skills and experience match those we’re looking for. Every job we advertise is supported with specific job requirements, please read them carefully.
Your application will be passed to the appropriate hiring manager who will screen all candidates and decide which applicants will progress to step 2.
We’ll send you an email letting you know that you have been selected to attend an interview. You’ll need to confirm your attendance by emailing email@example.com
If you can’t attend please contact the HR department on firstname.lastname@example.org to see if it is possible to arrange an alternative date. If you’re successful at the interview stage, you will progress to step 3. If you’ve been unsuccessful we’ll ask you if you would like to remain in the talent pool for future vacancies.
We’ll send you an e-mail telling you about the successful outcome of your interview. We’ll send you an initial job offer letter. If you wish to accept the offer, we’ll issue a full contract of employment.
What do I need to bring to the interview?
You should bring:
- Proof of your qualifications and professional registration, if appropriate
- Documentation that proves your identity and that you can legitimately work in the UK. We need a passport or two other forms of ID.
- Evidence of your employment/educational history
All employees are subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BS) check. This is the lowest level of Ministry of Defence check. As part of this check you must provide the names of two people who are able to provide a reference relating to your work experience/education and suitability for the position applied for. One reference must include your current or most recent employer and cover a period of five years. Your second reference is a personal reference and the person must have known you for at least three years (some positions will require five years – we’ll let you know if that applies to you). Relatives can’t be used to provide references.
What happens when an offer is made?
If you’re offered a position it will be conditional upon completion of a Defence Business Services National Security Vetting online form, Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group security vetting pack, medical questionnaires and subject to satisfactory references being obtained.
You will also be asked to confirm your commencement date for the job. Once you have accepted this offer, we’ll send you the Contract of Employment along with all related paperwork. If you need more information, contact the HR team at email@example.com
What are the rewards and benefits?
There are a wide range of benefits and facilities for Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group employees, including:
- Staff restaurant
- Schemes for work-life balance: including flexible working
- Staff discount scheme at various outlets
- Occupational health services
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance reviews
- Training and development
- 25 days’ annual leave entitlement plus eight statutory holidays
- Car parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Workplace banking in association with Barclays Bank
What is Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group’s employment policy?
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is dedicated to providing all of our employees with a safe and friendly working environment, and committed to ensuring that all policies and procedures set by the Company are fully understood and adhered to.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is an equal opportunity employer. Equal opportunity is about good employment practices and efficient and effective use of our most valuable asset, our employees. Every manager and employee has a personal responsibility for the implementation of the policy.
The Human Resources department ensures that all the policies and procedures adopted by the Company are readily available to all employees and that they are there to support in every situation, whether it be on our Cambridge site or in our overseas offices.
Code of Practice
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group will value all of its employees and:
- Encourage them to value each other
- Foresee the likelihood of bullying and harassment
- Take reasonable steps to reduce the risk
- Take action where incidents are raised
All employees have a right to work in an environment that:
- Is safe
- Promotes dignity at work
- Encourages individuals to treat each other with respect
- Promotes speaking politely, openly and honestly with others
- Is open, transparent and fair
- Encourages them to take responsibility for each other
All Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group employees have a responsibility to:
- Ensure that they are supportive to individuals who state that they have been bullied or harassed and take full account of their feelings and perception of the situation
- Encourage those individuals to seek help from an appropriate source
- Refrain from participating in, encouraging or condoning gossip related to cases of alleged or actual bullying or harassment
- Take appropriate steps to prevent or stop gossip in their area of work
- Attend equal opportunities training
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group operates a job grading structure. This helps us to achieve our mission, vision and values through quality recruitment methods and effective performance management. We have an internal job evaluation procedure with a fully trained job evaluation panel. All positions are allocated to a grade by applying a range of job factors.
Our grading framework and structure helps employees understand where their role fits in Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group. It also helps establish clear career paths and show the potential for both promotion and lateral progression.
We value workforce diversity and the contribution that people make to the success of our business; behaving ethically and with integrity. We will actively encourage leadership, team working, people development and effective communication so that we are recognised as the employer of choice.